Tuesday 15 March 2011

Cliff and End of the Rainbow Production Blog 16.03.11

Official animation production
Day 1
16.03.2011

First day of production went well. There is one scene i animated previous that was set at sunset. As i was hoping to reuse this scene for the final piece all shots (before and after) must be at a similar time of day. (Continuity)
I also wanted the first shot of the film to be interesting to look at for both the viewer and myself. I looked at various examples of 'Sunset' on Google Images.
I was influenced by the lighting in the sky and the glow that shone through the clouds. I was also interested in the pure darkness that hits the world below, like trees in the fore-ground.
Here are some images i used as influence on my final background art. I used eyedropper to mimic some of the colours.


Here is my attempt at SUNSET. This (With a few adjustments) is the first shot of the film

Click for bigger
Today i had to produce a panning background. This meant drawing up three seperate backgrounds which would fit together to create depth and distance. Although they are seen for less than a second, it does give a real feel of distance over the mountains.

Another point that came up towards the end of the day was that my original animatic did miss some sense. Para Cat was being chased by the witch, although in the next scenes, Para is shouting that he will catch the witch eventually.
I have re-worked it so that this visual story element works to my advantage and all scenes connect up perfectly.
Now Para will be chasing the Witch, his first attempt is chopping the tree, then lands and she flys past. He soon jumps after her. He then lands in a field of crops/flowers, these last two scenes have yet to be draw.

Click for Bigger
The above is a scribbled sketch of what i hope to achieve with my next day of work. A new background with a reflecting river. The river will reflect the sky and sunlight. The two characters will jump over the hills.

Goals for tomorrows day of work
  • produce and finish the second river background (above)
  • animate Para and Witch chase scene
  • If i am lucky, design and finish next background. (Then work on the harder parts of the film next)
- Nathan Viney
Cliff and the End of the Rainbow Production Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment