Monday 21 March 2011

Cliff Production Blog 21.03.11

Today i did some exciting work on one of the most important aspects of the story. The witch stealing Cliff's voice as a toddler.
I went about this with two inspirations in mind.
One, is 'Sailor Moon'. In their transformation scene they hold out their hands to reveal a powerful/ magical necklace-like thing. This bursts out light formations across the screen
Here is a shot from Sailor Moon.

Here is my adaption in Cliff and the End of the Rainbow


This next part of scene I have always planned as a silhouette scene. Two inspirations helped me to produce this.



5 minutes 48 seconds reveals two scary smokey green hands reaching for Ariel's voice in 'The Little Mermaid'. This shot is very dramatic and inspired my work today in a big way.

Here is a shot from my attempt at this scene


The reason for silouette was because it was a good way of revealing the 'key' inside the boys throat. Without going to graphic or violent.


- Nathan Viney
Cliff and the End of the Rainbow Production Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment