Saturday 19 March 2011

Cliff Production Blog 19.03.11

I missed a blog for yesterday but I was able to work. Yesterday reminded me that frame by frame animation takes a very long time. I planned about five keyframes for one short piece of dialogue. Doing the inbetweens for this, + shading + Animation of face, + lip sync really eats alot of time.
So with short pieces of dialogue i will plan less than this, maximum of four keyframes.
Also i must watch more actors acting, as i seem to limit myself to pointing and fists with hand/arm movements during acting.
I need to gain some more experience on that.
I completed the background and finished off that dialogue.
Today i worked on the next part, where Para is ZAPPED by the witch, she fires off screen. I was able to mimic an earlier animation I did for 'Little Howard's Big Question' and also look at inspiration from various 'Road Runner' shorts avaliable online.

I also planned out the next shots to follow this one, one of which i completed. A shot of the witch blowing the smoke away from her finger (Like a gun). All of the movement in this shot is motion tweened, I LOVE SHOTS LIKE THIS!!!
I also recoloured and lighted the background and setting for the scene i am reusing from my earlier animation. Though I am still concidering adding shading to these scenes to give them a finished glow.

Although some shots are changing to different camera angles, and some for different speeds, it is all sticking to the timing of the Animatic, which i am quite happy about :)
Also my musician, RubberOnion, or 'Stephen Brooks' is planning to listen to some tracks i sent him via email.
This tracks represent the type of sound i want the film to have, a very acoustic sound. Guitar, bass, a bit of whistling perhaps. Calm, moving sounds.
He has said he is extremely commited to the project, as am I.

I am also looking for a sound artist, someone that can throw in those patter patter explosion sound effects in post production. As i am almost certain I will not be able to forfill that role.
I did have a look into it and sent an email off to a sound artist, unfortunately his reply was one of 'CASH'. And alot of it. But as a talented soundman, it is to be as expected.
I have sent off another email asking a close animation friend if they would be able to pass on some of their collection of sound effects for my time of need. I am hoping their reply is positive.

Here are some shots of my work in the last 2 days

The above is a remade show of one of my earlier scenes.
Here is what it looked like before

Not only does it look better now as a whole, it will also fit nicely with the previous shots

Above is a keyframe

That witch is DEADLY!

Here is a very very basic plan of the next shot i need to produce

The triangle is the witch, the circle is her sidekick cloud.
The below right is a bush.
Here is the full motion tween shot i loved to produce.


- Nathan Viney
Cliff and the End of the Rainbow Production Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment