Thursday 24 March 2011

Cliff Production Blog 24.03.11

Today and yesterday my pace has slowed but still producing work that will overall help the outcome.
I completed the 'pre story' scene. Basically scene 1, which involves, the beginning of the film, set up and introduction to 2 main characters, Para Cat, and the Witch, who has been frozen by a bigger stronger Warrior than Para Cat.

He was designed by Lana Cohen and animated by me. As he was a difficult shape to animate i decided to only animate his arm frame by frame and leave the rest of him to motion tween. Which seemed to work fine.
The lip sync is animated frame by frame and moved slightly throughout to match the moving head.
His voice was chosen from a few auditions at the website, Voice Acting Alliance.
His name is Scott Stoked. Website: http://www.scottstoked.com/

Above: 2 Warriors.
I am quite proud of how I animated Para Cat wiping the dust off of himself (Following the previous incident)

When animating the big warrior man's words I tried to keep most of his mouth shapes with big white teeth. Showing us he cleans his teeth like a good warrior.

Today i drew a Tractor, this will be used as a background prop in the first scene introducing the other two main characters, Cliff and Tam.
Here is how i went about it.
First i drew a quick sketch of the basic shape i could do. But i did not feel any 'Tractor' from it. Giving up but also hopefully, i traced over it and added plenty of detail. This was my outcome

I'm quite happy with the finished look.

I also animated a run for Cliff. This was extremely difficult, i used various images for inspiration of the running. Unfortunately it is not perfect, but it is enough to use when i need it in the film.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
This is the run cycle above.

I Will be able to rotate this and play with expressions for various scenes in the film.

I also looked closer at my animatic recently and decided a scene near the beginning is irrelevent in these times of deadlines. A scene where Cliff and Tam are enjoying some icecream does not really help the story move along. I was forced to cut it, but happily it means i will be able to jump straight into the story.

Cast and Crew List

Cliff and the End of the Rainbow
Written and Directed by Nathan Viney

Cliff
Para Cat: Benjamin Rudman
Tam: Lana Cohen
Miss Locket: Tracy Ann Oberman
The Captain: Sam Ryall
Fluffy: Baby sounds

Animation by Nathan Viney
Music will be produced by Stephen Brooks


- Nathan Viney
Cliff and the End of the Rainbow Production Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment