Wednesday 16 March 2011

'Cliff' Production Blog 17.03.11

Today i produced the final background based on yesterdays mountain/river design. I had to draw each mountain seperately so that I was able to turn them into graphics, meaning i can manipulate their colours quite easily.
With this i made the mountains that were closer to the sunlight, orangy and bright. The mountains futhter away i made very dark.

I also animated over this and drew the 'Witch' for the first time, riding her broom stick. I was dreading this moment, as i had no idea how she would be sitting on it. Her costume is quite complicated. But it worked out absolutely fine, her cloak flaps in the wind behind her as she flys. I was able to put her into some shots straight away.
This will be a useful piece of art, one that i will be able to bring back at various times during the films production.

I also animated the beginning scene, where Para shops the tree branch in half. I was not exactly sure how i was going to go about this. It is not my favourite looking slice but at the same time, it does work as a fast action.
I had to act out the scene whilst holding an invisible sword (or object). This helped my draw the hands and imagine the position.

I am playing around alot with the lighting and colours, making objects and characters darker and lighter due to the sunset.

Here are some shots of todays work





- Nathan Viney

No comments:

Post a Comment