Thursday 21 April 2011

'Cliff' 21/04/2011

I've once again not updated for a while but here i am with a progress report. I've been working on the final scenes of the film (Keeping in mind the whole middle section of the film has not been worked on since i left it).
I have almost reached the three minute line, so close! I just have to keep working.
The final scenes have used mainly the same backgrounds with trees moved around the place and some blurred.
In the past I have made sure that every background has perfect detail, but i just want to tell a story and make sure i get it completed on time, so I am doing character animation mainly, with some occasional new adaption of a background.
All of the 'fighting' off has been done.
Para Cat is frozen by the witch after his attempts at shooting her. Cliff is punched down whilst trying to pull her away (Still more pulling to come) and fluffy the cloud is unfortunately set on fire. But all of them will return, once the witch gets eaten by dark mystic ghosts of the golden world.

(Click for larger)
The witch holds the key to the door at the end of the rainbow. This is how all my shots work. I take the animatic, turn it into a much clearer image and then create the final version.
This is the final version

Notice her arm has changed since the original drawing, this is because in the next shot she is using her left hand, it did not make sense to have her arms swap around.

I worked on the golden world through the open door tonight. I wanted a world full completely with piles of gold. Quite a wonderous place.
I took inspiration from these images

(Disney's Ducktales)
When i saw this i wanted to use bags of gold! Like someone had placed all of it in there.

In this image from Aladdin i took inspiration from the piles of gold close to the camera.
Here are my production shots.


The golden world has many objects, bags, a crown, treasure chest and goblets. As well as rubys. The ruby/gem that i was orginally going to have in the sky did not work for me. I liked it but the light it would shine would be red, and this was not a red world, is is a very.. golden one.
Although i wanted this place to have a sun, almost like another planet, i got rid of it all together. Though i do have clouds in there.


- Nathan Viney

No comments:

Post a Comment