Saturday 8 May 2010

Part 3: Text in Box


I've created working buttons. I'm hoping they'll make my site feel a little bit more professional.
My site still has a lot to fix and work on. But for now i have settled on a design. A blue on white design with a touch of glowing green.

I used my CONTACT page as the place for my 'Flash text in a box' work.
There is something about a list in a scroll bar that is so much more professional than just a list of text that you have to scroll down the whole page to read.
I'm hoping to wave this over my pages, especially moving image. Which remains a mess and links up to my old White on Black design. Which was getting old and seemed quite depressing. I had the black design for quite a while. It did seem a bit professional but it is time for a more joyful change. This is it!

My contact box is a scroll text box under my main logo and navi.
It contains every way of getting in contact from Email to Youtube. As well as some of my skills at the bottom.

Click on image to visit the page

Now, HOW to make a scroll text box to put on your flash site.
This is extremely simple and quick. Something you'll be able to pick up more as you go and just drop into your site pages.

Remember first off make sure your Flash Document is using 'actionscript 2'. If you didnt select this when you created the page you can change it using the Publish: Settings button at the bottom of the screen (In Properties).

You know how to create a text box. It is as simple as clicking the T icon and dragging a square onto the STAGE (White background).
BUT in this case before you draw the square make sure you go to properties and select DYNAMIC TEXT

and while you're there...


Excellent!
Now create your square text shape and write whatever you want in it, make it a lot so the scroll works!

Once you've done that go to
WINDOW
and click 'Components'.
You should get a pop up with a list already coded adobe content.
Click on the UI Scroll bar

and drag it to the position you want the scroll bar to work
Add more text if you need to.

Then ctrl enter! (Preview)

My final version had a background image (Devil face). You can put any image there if you want by creating a layer below.

To export your final SWF you can go to file - export then choose your preferences.


I hope to do this some more on other pages.

you can visit my 'construction site' at http://www.nathanviney.com


- Nathan Viney

No comments:

Post a Comment